Purchasing & Drinking Alcohol

You do not need a permit to consume alcohol in any of the East Arnhem licensed premises.

You will need a permit to buy or drink takeaway alcohol within the East Arnhem region. Permits are available from the Nhulunbuy Licensing Office which is located at the Nhulunbuy Training Centre, Chesterfield Circuit (next to Nhulunbuy Primary School).

If you are travelling from Darwin, you can also visit Darwin Licensing NT at Level 1 / 28-30 Knuckey Street to obtain a permit.

Tourists or visitors will need to provide:

  • an itinerary, invoice or other information confirming your travel arrangements and
  • photo ID such as Northern Territory, interstate or international driver’s licence or passport.

Download an Application